How to arrive to Chiclayo
Where is Peru?: At 1'285,220 sq. Km, Peru is the third-largest country in South America, it limits to the north with Ecuador, to the northeast with Colombia, to the east with Brazil, to the southeast with Bolivia, to the south with Chile and to the west with the Pacific Ocean.
International airlines operate scheduled flights to Peru's Jorge Chávez International Airport, located in Lima - Peru.
- From New York - Newark, Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico and Toronto exist direct flights to Lima.
- From Europe exist direct flights to Lima from Madrid, Paris and Amsterdam.
- Peru has direct flights from the main cities in Latin America as Bogota, Buenos Aires, Caracas, Guayaquil, La Habana, La Paz, Mexico, Panama, Quito, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Sao Paulo, San Jose de Costa Rica, Santo Domingo.
- Flights from Asia or Oceania to Peru, connection by USA or Europe.
Jorge Chávez Airport (LIM) in Lima is the main gate for international flights and it's the main hub to local flights connections.
How to arrive to Chiclayo City
When arriving to Peru from abroad, you will have to do it through Lima. Then take your connections by plane or bus to Chiclayo.
Chiclayo counts with a small and comfortable airport "Capitán FAP José Quiñones Gonzalez" (CIX Airport Code); it only attends domestic flights. Normally there are daily flights from Chiclayo to Lima, and also from/to Trujillo
Distances to some cities from Chiclayo:
- Cajamarca 160.3 miles (258 km) following the Pan-American Highway to the south and then taking a road to Cajamarca.
- Trujillo 128 miles (206 km) is following the Pan-American Highway to the south.
- Lima 474 miles (763 km) is following the Pan-American Highway to the south.
- Piura130.5 miles (210 km) passing by Mórrope, to the north.
To the east, a small highway communicates Chiclayo with Chongoyape, Chota y Cutervo.
Chiclayo has all the communication means , telephone, mail, television, cable television, fax, internet connections, courier services.